Controls of ASE-4313 Soldering Rework Station
Parameters setting of AKTAKOM ESD-Safe ASE-4313 Temperature Controlled Soldering and SMD Rework Station
Entering the menu
- Power off the device.
- Press and hold “INFO” and “VACUUM” keys simultaneously and turn on the power switch. At first the LCD will show “[” and then “---”. This means the station requires the password. You may enter the settings menu only if you use the correct password.
- Enter the password: By pressing TEMP buttons enter a figure of the first digit. Then press VACCUM button to go to the second digit. After you set the second digit do the same with the third one.
- There are two attempts given for the password entering. If you entered a wrong password both times the station will enter the operation state but you won’t be able to change auto power off time, temperature and air flow intensity.
- If the password is correct the station will enter the menu where you may also change the current password for a new one.
- AKTAKOM ASE-4313 soldering station has three submenus: “-1-”, “-2-”, “-3-”. Any of these submenus can be selected with TEMP buttons. After you select the submenu press VACUUM button to enter it.
- “-1-” submenu is used to make the station enter the operation mode after VACUUM pressing.
- “-2-” submenu is used to adjust the sound signal.
- “-3-” submenu is used to set the password. After you enter this submenu the display will show “---”.
- To return to “-1-” menu, after you finish with parameters setting in “-2-” or “-3-”, press VACUUM button.
Sound signal adjustment
- To adjust the sound signal press any TEMP button, select “-2-” in the menu then press VACUUM button. The display will show “SP”.
- Using TEMP buttons select dynamic speaker sign. Its displaying means the sound signal is ON. If there is no such sign displayed, the sound signal is OFF.
- Using TEMP buttons select “-3-” submenu and press VACUUM button. After that the station will suggest you to enter a new password and you will see “---” on the display with first digit blinking.
- Using TEMP buttons enter a figure of the first digit and press VACUUM button to confirm. The second and third figures are set the same way. After you enter this password the station will suggest you to repeat this new password to check its correctness.
- In case these two attempts do not coincide press VACUUM button to get the station to “-1-” submenu.
- If you entered the password for the second time correctly the station will accept this new password and display “OK”.
Setting of temperature and air flow intensity
- You may change the temperature only after correct password entering (the password on default is “000”).
- Temperature and air flow intensity can be set in the data displaying mode only in one of three blocks of the soldering station.
- If in “TOOL1”, “TOOL2” or “TOOL3” modes the display shows “-”, the settings of the soldering station can’t be changed.
- If you switch off the power of the soldering station during the parameters setting such settings won’t be saved.
To set the parameters of any soldering station blocks you need to switch such block on first. If the block is OFF the display will show “-”. To switch it on press the relevant button - TOOL1, TOOL2 or TOOL3. After that the station will display the state of the selected block only and will be ready for parameters setting (temperature, air flow intensity and auto power off time). To change the temperature use TEMP button, for air flow intensity changing press AIR.
TEMP↑ button increases the temperature by 1°C, TEMP↓ decreases it by 1°C, at the same time you may see the changes on the display. Keeping of any TEMP button pressed for 1 second or more will change the temperature very quickly.
Press TOOL3 button then increase or decrease the air flow with AIR↑ or AIR↓ buttons accordingly, at the same time you may see the changes on the display. Keeping of any AIR button pressed for 1 second or more will change the air flow intensity very quickly.
Setting of auto power off time
- To set auto power off time for the soldering block (it can be changed at 00 to 99 min. range) press TOOL1. Then keeping INFO button pressed you may change the time using TEMP buttons.
“--” on the display will mean the soldering iron won’t be automatically powered off.
“00” on the display – the soldering iron will be switched off right after it’s set on the holder.
Any value of “01~99” range will mean the soldering iron will automatically go off after the preset time of nonuse.
- To set auto power off time for the desoldering block: press TOOL2, then follow the similar steps described for the soldering block above.
- To set auto power off time for the hot air gun (it can be changed at 0 to 999 sec. range) press TOOL3, then follow the similar steps described for the soldering block above.
“---” on the display will mean the hot air gun won’t be automatically powered off.
Any value of “001~999” range will mean the hot air gun will automatically go off after the preset time of nonuse.
Switching ON after nonuse
- To switch on the soldering iron take it out of the holder. The soldering iron is ready for further work.
- To switch on the desoldering iron take it and press the red switcher on it.
- To switch on the surface mounting block take the hot air gun and press TOOL3 button.