ACM-1803 Clamp Meter
Clamp Meter. Measurements: DC current up to 400A, AC current up to 400A. Non-Contact AC Voltage Measurements. Supply: 9V (battery). Size: 150x58x35mm / 5.9x2.3x1.4in. Weight: 205g / 7.2oz.
Back to the section
The AC/DC A Current Clamp is a transducer which will allow your multimeter to measure electrical or/and electronic current up to 400 amperes AC/DC, with a frequency response to 50/60Hz. When measuring current with this clamp, there is no need to break a circuit or to affect the isolation. When measuring DC current, a simple operating knob is designed for zero adjustment.
- Non-Contact AC Voltage Measurements
- Measure electrical or/and electronic current up to 400 amperes AC/DC
- Low Battery Indictor
- Captured Conductor Size: ø30mm max
- Low Battery Indictor: red LED lighting
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 50°C, 70% R.H.
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 70°C, 80% R.H.
ELECTRICAL (at 23±5°C, 70% R.H. maximum)
Effective Measurement Range:
- 40A (output: 10mV/A): DC or rms AC for 400mV or 600mV range of the multimeter
- 400A (output: 1mV/A): DC or rms AC for 400mV or 600mV range of the multimeter
Current Clamp Accuracy:
DCA range: 40A
DCA range: 400A
ACA range: 40A (50/60Hz)
ACA range: 400A (50/60Hz)
- Test leads
- 9V battery
- User's Manual
|ACM-1803 Clamp Meter - side view
|ACM-1803 Clamp Meter - with accessories
|ACM-1803 Clamp Meter - packaged
- Insert the black banana plug into the COM jack and the red banana plug into the V jack of any multimeter with a minimum input impedance of 10k ohms. (OUTPUT and V jack link)
- Set the power switch from “OFF” to the desired range, 40A (output: 10mV/A) or 400A (1 mV/A) position. The green LED will light to indicate that the clamp is switched on.
- For current measurement below 40A, set the unit to 40A range and set the multimeter to 400mV or 600mV AC range for AC current measurements, or 400mV or 600mV DC range for DC current measurements. If the measured current exceeds 40A, set the unit to 400A range.
- When perform DC current measurement, always turn the zero adjustment knob on the clamp until the multimeter reads zero.
- Clamp the jaws around the current-carrying conductor and interpret the reading according to Step 3 above.
- When 40A range of clamp unit is selected, the measured current value in A.For example, if the multimeter reads 100mV, the measured current is 100mV/(10mV/A)=10A.
- When 400A range is selected, the measured current value in A. For example, if the multimeter reads 100mV, the measured current is 100mV/(1mV/A)=100A.
- In case of DC current, the output is positive when the current flows from the upside to the underside of the clamp. The red banana plug and is positive (OUTPUT aperture).
- In case of DC current measurement, a hysteresis effect can occur so that it is impossible to zero the clamp properly. To eliminate this effect, open and close the jaws several times and turn zero adjustment knob