AKTAKOM ATE-9030 is a sound level meter with real time SD memory card datalogger.
- Main functions are designed to meet IEC 61672 class 2
- A & C weighting networks comply with standards
- 0.5" standard microphone head
- Time weighting (Fast & Slow) dynamic characteristic modes
- Build External calibration VR
- Auto range & Manual range selection
- Available for external calibration adjustment
- Condenser microphone for high accuracy & long-termstability
- Memory function to store the Max. & Min. value
- Hold and Peak Hold functions
- Real time SD memory card Datalogger, Built-in Clock and Calendar, real time data recorder, sampling time set from 1 second to 3600 seconds
- Manual datalogger is available (set the sampling time to 0), during the use of manual datalogger function it can set the different position (location) No. (position 1 to position 99)
- Innovation and easy operation, computer doesn’t need any extra software, after the datalogger use just take the SD card away from the meter and plug in the SD card into the computer, it can download all of the measured value with the time information (year/month/date/hour/minute/second) to the Excel directly; then users can make the further data or graphic analysis by themselves
- SD card capacity:1 GB to 16 GB
- LCD with green light backlight, easy reading
- Can default auto power off or manual power off
- Data hold, record max. and min. reading
- Power by UM3/AA 1.5 V) x 6 batteries or DC 9V adapter
- RS-232/USB PC COMPUTER interface
- Heavy duty & compact housing case
Circuit: Custom one-chip of microprocessor LSI circuit
LCD size: 2.1in x 1.5in / 52mm x 38mm
LCD with green backlight (ON/OFF)
Measurement Range: 30 - 130 dB
Resolution: 0.1 dB
Function: dB (A & C frequency weighting), Time weighting (Fast, Slow), Peak hold, Data hold, Record (Max., Min.)
Accuracy (23 ± 5 °C): Characteristics of “A” frequency weighting network meet IEC 61672 class 2
Under 94 dB input signal, the accuracy are:
- 31.5Hz ± 3.5 dB
- 63 Hz ± 2.5 dB
- 125 Hz ± 2.0 dB
- 250 Hz ± 1.9 dB
- 500 Hz ± 1.9 dB
- 1 K Hz ± 1.4 dB
- 2 K Hz ± 2.6 dB
- 4 K Hz ± 3.6 dB
- 8 K Hz ± 5.6 dB
The above specifications are tested only in RF Field Strength environment less than 3 V/M and frequency less than 30MHz
Frequency Weighting Network:
Characteristics of A & C:
A weighting: The characteristic is simulated as "Human Ear Listing" response. Typical when the environmental sound level measurement is being made, always select to A weighting
C weighting: The characteristic is near the "FLAT" response. It is typically suitable for the checking of machinery noise (Q.C. check) & measuring the tested equipment sound pressure level
Time weighting (Fast & Slow):
"Fast" range simulates the human ear response time weighting
"Slow" range makes it easy to get the average values of vibration sound level
Data hold: To freeze the measurement value
Peak hold: To keep the peak (max.) measurement value
Auto range: 30 to 130 dB
Manual range: 3 ranges, 30 to 80 dB, 50 to 100 dB, 80 to 130 dB, 50 dB on each step, with over and under range indication
Frequency: 31.5 to 8,000 Hz
Microphone type: Electric condenser microphone
Microphone size: out size, 12.7mm dia. (0.5 in)
Calibration VR: Built-in external calibration VR, easy to calibrate on 94 dB level by screw driver
Calibrated via external SOUND CALIBRATOR (SC-941, optional)
Datalogger / Sampling Time / Setting range:
1 second to 3600 seconds
Sampling time can set to 1 second but memory data may loss
Push the data logger button once will save data one time
Set the sampling time to 0 second
Manual mode, can also select the 1 to 99 position (Location) no.
Memory Card: SD memory card. 1 GB to 16 GB
- Set clock time (Year/Month/Date, Hour/Minute/ Second)
- Decimal point of SD card setting
- Auto power OFF management
- Set beep Sound ON/OFF
- Set sampling time
- SD memory card Format
RS-232/USB PC computer interface:
- Connect the optional RS-232 cable UPCB-02 will get the RS-232 plug
- Connect the optional USB cable USB-01 will get the USB plug
Power off: Auto shut off saves battery life or manual off by push button
Operating Temperature: 0 to 50°C
Operating Humidity: Less than 85% R.H.
- Alkaline or heavy duty DC 1.5 V battery (UM3, AA) x 6 PCs, or equivalent
- ADC 9V adapter input. (AC/DC power adapter is optional)
- Normal operation (w/o SD card save data and LCD Backlight is OFF): Approx. DC 12 mA
- When SD card save the data and LCD Backlight is OFF): Approx. DC 51 mA
If LCD backlight is on the power consumption will increase approx. 30 mA
Weight: 1.08lb / 489g
9.6in x 2.7in x 1.9in / 245mm x 68mm x 45mm
- Instruction manual
- Hard carrying case
- Soft carrying case
- Sound calibrator (94 dB)
- Sound calibrator (94/114 dB)
- Sound wind shield ball
- SD Card (2 GB)
- USB cable, USB-01
- RS232 cable, UPCB-02
- Data Acquisition software
- AC to DC 9V adapter
Sound level meter measuring procedure
- Power on by pressing the "Power On/Off Button", the meter's default function is "Auto range", "A frequency weighting" and "Fast time weighting". The LCD display will show unit "A. Fast Auto".
- Select "A" or "C" frequency weighting by pressing the "A/C Button"
Note: The characteristic of A weighting is simulated as the "Human Ear Listening" response. Typically always select the A weighting when makes environmental sound level measurement. The C weighting characteristic is near the "FLAT" response. Typically it is suitable for checking the noise of machinery (Q.C. check) and knowing the real sound level of the tested equipment.
- Determine proper measuring range by pressing the "Range Button". After power on the default range is "Auto range". In the same time the lower right display will show the text of "Auto". Under the auto range, press the "Range Button" once step by step will enter to the manual range (range 1, range 2, range 3) and auto range in sequence. There are still 3 manual ranges for your choice:
*Manual range 1 , 30 - 80 dB range: Display will show the unit of "30 - 80".
*Manual range 2 , 50 - 100 dB range: Display will show the unit of "50 - 100".
*Manual range 3 , 80 - 130 dB range: Display will show the unit of "80 - 130".
- According to various measuring sound source, select the Time Weighting (Fast or Slow) by pressing the "Time Weighting Button".
If select the function of "Fast" time weighting, the display will show the unit of "FAST".
If select the function of "Slow" time weighting, the display will show the unit of "SLOW".
Data Record (Max., Min. reading)
- The data record function records the maximum and minimum readings. Press the "REC Button" once to start the Data Record function and there will be a "REC" symbol on the display.
- With the "REC" symbol on the display:
a) Press the "REC Button" once, the "REC MAX" symbol along with the maximum value will appear on the display. If intend to delete the maximum value, just press the "Hold Button" once, the display will show the "REC" symbol only and execute the memory function continuously.
b) Press the "REC Button" again, the "REC MIN" symbol along with the minimum value will appear on the display. If intend to delete the minimum value, just press "Hold Button" once, the display will show the "REC" symbol only and execute the memory function continuously.
c) To exit the memory record function, just press the "REC" button > 2 seconds at least. The display will revert to the current reading.
Preparation before execute datalogger function
- Insert the SD card:
Prepare a "SD memory card" (1 GB to 16 GB, optional), insert the SD card into "SD card socket". The front panel of the SD card should face against the down case.
- SD card Format:
If SD card just the first time use into the meter, it is recommended to make the "SD card Format "at first.
- Time setting:
If the meter is used at first time, you should adjust the clock time exactly.
Data hold of ATE-9030 sound level meter
During the measurement, press the "Hold Button" once will hold the measured value and the LCD will display a "HOLD" symbol. Press the "Hold Button" once again will release the data hold function.