ATE-8702 Magnetic Meter
Magnetic inductometer. Measurement of constant and alternating magnetic fields. Measurement ranges: AC: 150mT/1500mT (up to 15000 G); DC: 300mT/3000mT (up to 30000G). Minimum resolution: 0.01mT/0.1G. Data hold. Max. and Min. values record. Interfaces: RS-232/USB. Power supply: 6x1.5V (UM-4/AAA) or DC adapter of 9V. Dimensions: base unit – 200x68x30mm / 7.9x2.7x1.2in, probe – 198x25x19mm / 7.8x1.0x0.7in. Weight: 270g / 0.6lb.
Back to the section
AKTAKOM ATE-8702 magnetic inductometer is designed to measure parameters of magnetic fields in the industry, materials science, electrical engineering, as well as, in the laboratory research. ATE-8702 has an ability to measure both constant and alternating (frequency: 50Hz/60Hz) magnetic fields.
- Wide range, general purpose magnetic measurement for industrial, mechanical, material, electrical, laboratory field usage.
- Unit: G (Gauss), mT (milli Tesla).
- DC and AC magnetic field measurement
- DC Range: 300…3000mT
AC Range: 150…1500mT.
- Resolution: 0.01/0.1mT, 0.1/1G.
- N pole/S pole indicator.
- Use Hall sensor with automatic Temp. compensation.
- Zero button for DC magnetic function.
- Separate probe, easy operation and convenient for remote measurement.
- Data hold function for freezing the desired value on display.
- Records Maximum and Minimum readings with Recall.
- Heavy duty & compact housing with hard carrying case, designed for easy carry out & operation.
- Auto power off is available to save battery life.
|Display||LCD size: 2x1.5in / 52mmx38mm
dual function LCD display.
|Measurement Unit||mT - milli Tesla
G - Gauss
|Measurement & Range, DC||mT||Range 1: 300.00 mT x 0.01 mT|
|Range 2: 3,000.0 mT x 0.1 mT|
|G||Range 1: 3,000.0 G x 0.1 G|
|Range 2: 30,000 G x 1 G|
|Measurement & Range, AC||mT||Range 1: 150.00 mT x 0.01 mT|
|Range 2: 1,500.0 mT x 0.1 mT|
|G||Range 1: 1,500.0 G x 0.1 G|
|Range 2: 15,000 G x 1 G|
|Accuracy ||DC||± (5 % rdg. + 10 digit)|
|AC||± (5 % rdg. + 20 digit)|
|Frequency Response||AC measurement: 50Hz / 60Hz|
|Temp. Compensation for hall sensor||Probe head build the Temp. sensor for useing the ATC (automatical Temp.compensatioon).|
|Data Hold||Freeze the display reading.|
|Memory Recall||Maximum & Minimum value.|
|Display Sampling Time||Approx. 1 sec|
|Power off||Manual off by push button or Auto shut off to save battery life.|
|Data Output||RS232/USB PC serial interface.
* Connect the optional RS232 cable UPCB-02 will get the RS232 plug. * Connect the optional USB cable USB-01 will get the USB plug.
|Operating Temperature||0 to 50°C.|
|Operating Humidity||Less than 85% R.H.|
|Power Supply||DC 1.5V battery (UM4, AAA) x 6 PCs, Alkaline/heavy duty type or equivalent.|
| Power Current
|Approx. DC 20.5mA .|
|Weight||Approx. 270g / 0.60lb (include battery & probe)|
|Dimension||Main instrument:||200x68x30mm / 7.9x2.7x1.2in|
|Probe||198x25x19mm / 7.8x1.0x0.7in|
* Instruction manual
* Magnetic Probe.
* Hard Carrying case
- Instruction manual
- Magnetic Probe
- Hard Carrying case
|ATE-8702 Magnetic Meter - front view
|ATE-8702 Magnetic Meter - rear view
|ATE-8702 Magnetic Meter - side view
|ATE-8702 Magnetic Meter - top view
|ATE-8702 Magnetic Meter - in case
Frequently Asked Questions
How to hold data when using ATE-8702 magnetic meter
How to measure AC and DC magnetic fields using ATE-8702 magnetic meter
How to record data (Max., Min. reading) when using ATE-8702 magnetic meter
|How to hold data when using ATE-8702 magnetic meter
During the measurement, press the "Hold Button" once will hold the measured value & the LCD will display a "HOLD" symbol.
* Press the "Hold Button" once again will release the data hold function.
|How to measure AC and DC magnetic fields using ATE-8702 magnetic meter
- Power ON the meter by pressing the "Power Button" once.
- Press the "Mode Button" once, the Display will show the following screen in sequence :
a1 screen is ready for DC 0.1 mT resolution measurement.
b1 screen is ready for DC 0.01 mT resolution measurement.
c1 screen is ready for AC 0.1 mT resolution measurement.
d1 screen is ready for AC 0.01 resolution measurement.
a2 screen is ready for DC 1 G resolution measurement.
b2 screen is ready for DC 0.1 G resolution measurement.
c2 screen is ready for AC 1 G resolution measurement.
d2 screen is ready for AC 0.1 G resolution measurement.
- Display indicator:
DC magnetic field measurement:
• The Display will show "N" or "S" indicator
• North pole: Display will show "N" indicator
• South pole: Display will show "S" indicator
AC magnetic field measurement:
• Display will show "AC" indicator
• Display will not show " N (S) indicatorUnit selection:
- How to select the unit (mG, uT), the procedures please refer to chapter 5-1 "Change the unit (mT, G)" of the user manual.
- Contact and close the testing material to the probe head, the Display will show the magnetic field value along with the unit (mG, uT).
- Zero adjustment:
When power ON the meter, due to the environment interference, the display may show certain values (not zero value), it is normal.
* Before the measurement, fix the probe at the exact position, press the "ZERO Button" continuously at least two seconds until the display show " 0 " value, in the same time the Display will show the " 0 " indicator then release the finger from the button.
* Press the "ZERO Button" continuously at least two seconds again, the "O" indicator will be disappeared and the Display will return to the "no zero" value (show the environment magnetic field value).
|How to record data (Max., Min. reading) when using ATE-8702 magnetic meter
The data record function records the maximum and minimum readings. Press the "REC Button" once to start the Data Record function and there will be a "REC" symbol on the display.
* With the "REC" symbol on the display:
- Press the "REC Button" once, the "REC. MAX" symbol along with the maximum value will appear on the display. If intend to delete the maximum value, just press the "Hold Button" once, then the display will show the "REC." symbol only & execute the memory function continuously.
- Press the "REC Button" again, the "REC. MIN" symbol along with the minimum value will appear on the display. If intend to delete the minimum value, just press the "Hold Button" once, then the display will show the "REC." symbol only & execute the memory function continuously.
- To exit the memory record function, just press the "REC Button" for 2 seconds at least. The display will revert to the current reading.
Remark: When make the DC magnetic field measurement and execute the "RECORD" function, it can not change from the "North pole" to "South pole" or from the "South pole" to "North pole" during the measurement. It can make the measurement under the same pole (S pole or N pole) only, otherwise the Max., Min. value will be no sense.
Aktakom Data Logger Monitor (ADLM-A)
ADLM-A software is designed for data reading from devices of AKTAKOM ATT, ATE series, for measurement data acquisition, its processing, displaying and storage in a tablet PC with Android OS of 4.0 and more advanced versions.
Aktakom Data Logger Monitor (ADLM-W)
ADLM-w software is designed for data reading from devices of AKTAKOM ATT, ATE series, for measurement data acquisition, its processing, displaying and storage in a PC with Windows XP x32, Windows 7 x64, Windows 7x32, Windows 8 x64, Windows Vista OS.